Southern style recipes are a great source of comfort food, but can be costly to a diet. With Simple Cracker Barrel Style Corn Bread Dressing you get the best of both worlds. A lighter version of the restaurant's version allows you to enjoy without guilt.
Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 3/5 cup onion, chopped
- 8 cups day-old grated corn bread
- 4 cups day-old grated biscuits
- 1/4 cup parsley flakes, dried
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 stick of margarine, melted
- 1 quart plus 1 (14-ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: onion, celery, corn bread, biscuits, parsley, poultry seasoning, sage and pepper. Add melted margarine and blend well.
Mix in chicken broth to dry ingredients. The dressing should be wet but not soupy, like a quick bread batter.
Spray two 8-inch pans with nonstick spray and separate mixture evenly. Bake at 400 degrees uncovered for an hour or until lightly browned.