Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. develops and operates the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store restaurant and retail concept in the United States. Its restaurants provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The company’s gift shops offer various decorative and functional items, such as rocking chairs, holiday and seasonal gifts, apparel, toys, music CD’s, cookware, old-fashioned-looking ceramics, figurines, a book-on-audio sale-and-exchange program, and various other gift items, as well as candies, preserves, pies, cornbread mixes, coffee, syrups, pancake mixes, and other food items. As of September 18, 2012, it operated 620 stores in 42 states. The company was founded in 1969 and is headquartered in Lebanon, Tennessee.

Logo

Logo

Search

Cracker Barrel Corn Muffins


INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 4 tablespoons liquid nondairy creamer
  • 4 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
  • 3/4 cup self-rising flour


PREPARATION:
Add ingredients to bowl in order listed and beat well until it looks like a smooth cake batter.

Divide batter between 8 greased cupcake wells and fill the other 4 in a 12-well tin with water.

Bake at 400 degrees F, 16 to 18 minutes or until tester inserted into centers comes out clean.

Let cool few minutes in pan and remove with two forks so not to disturb the water.

13 comments:

  1. Can milk be used instead of the liquid non-dairy creamer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These did not turn out very well for me... I could have done something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That doesn't seem like enough liquid to handle all of those dry ingredients? Way too dry and nothing like the consistency of cake batter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made it today with regular milk and little more milk than recipe called for was delicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made it today with regular milk and little more milk than recipe called for was delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also cooked in iron skillet with vegetable oil doesn't rise like my old time cornbread it I loved the flat and crispy bottom better

      Delete
  7. Terrible recipe- not anything like Cracker Barrel corn muffins. Don't waste your time or ingredients on this dud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They tasted straight like cake--nothing like the muffins at Cracker Barrel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I work at a mill that makes the mix for Cracker Barrel. I noticed there were a few missing ingredients.

    I know we use 1000 flour, Yellow Corn Meal, Sodium Bicarbonate, V90, Salt, And Sugar.

    Since I personally make large batches of about 3000 plus pounds at one time, I couldn't tell you the measurements to get the desired results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I work at a mill that makes the mix for Cracker Barrel. I noticed there were a few missing ingredients.

    I know we use 1000 flour, Yellow Corn Meal, Sodium Bicarbonate, V90, Salt, And Sugar.

    Since I personally make large batches of about 3000 plus pounds at one time, I couldn't tell you the measurements to get the desired results.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I doubled the recipe, used 1/2 cup buttermilk and 1/4 cup regular milk and stirred to until well combined. Melt the butter before adding. Really good

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also thought the sugar would be to high I did the dry mix first and combined. Then I decided to double the recipe minus the sugar. I also didn't use non dairy creamer I used whole milk way more then what was stated. They turned out pretty good still not Cracker Barrel but all right just the same.

    ReplyDelete